Breakfast – probably the only meal that’s a no brainer right? Sure, if you don’t really care about what you put into your body. It’s really all about making good and/or smarter choices. So in this quest to eat healthy, I realized that bread was occurring again and again in multiple meals in a single day!! Take a minute and think about how many times you ate bread (in any form – toast, buns, sandwiches, wraps, rotis, etc) yesterday. Now think about this – what nutritional value did that single slice of bread give you? Was it worth it? So now my breakfasts are sans bread and I am so much fuller – read as, no unhealthy snack at 11am!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did…
- 2 large eggs (organic preferred)
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 small red onion (can use any kind)
- pinch of turmeric
- Red chili powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
1. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and dice the onions and tomatoes fine. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
3. Add onions and sauté till lightly browned.
4. Add tomatoes to the onions and mix well.
5. Add the spices – salt, red chili powder and turmeric. Mix well and cook for a minute till the smell of raw spices goes away. The onion-tomato mix should be pulpy now.
6. Add the beaten eggs to the mix and keep stirring. The eggs are done when they dry up like regular scrambled eggs.
7. Serve hot