Our family LOVES burgers… in my opinion it’s the perfect go to comfort food…be it a rough day, a cold day, the perfect summer day – actually I don’t think we really need a reason! Try this recipe it really hits the spot and of course feel free to substitute with a brioche bun if butterhead lettuce leaves are not your thing!
- 1 lb ground lamb/beef
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Olive oil, as needed
- In a mixing bowl whisk the egg.
- Add the mustard, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, diced onion, ginger-garlic paste, salt and pepper.
- Next add in the meat and mix well using your hands.
- Shape burgers and set aside.
- In the meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the burgers, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Let the burger cook about 7 mins each side. Avoid touching the meat unless it is to flip it.
- Once cooked, allow the patties to rest for a minute on some paper towels before putting together the burger.
- Dress with your favorite condiments and serve!
What a fantastic blog!! This is especially great for fellow busy (below) average cooks who struggle with making time to prep healthy meals……. as my metabolism slows more by the day.
Thanks Stacey! 🙂