Spring time brings an abundance of fresh fruits. And one that I look forward to is watermelon. I tried this once at a Vietnamese restaurant and have never been able to forget it. This salad goes great with just about anything – be it a cookout or just as a side with some protein.
- 1 7-8lb seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1-1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chat masala (available at Indian food stores)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped fine (optional)
- 1 cup Feta cheese (optional)
- Chop the watermelon into 1-inch chunks and chill for an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, juiced limes, salt and pepper.
- Drain the watermelon of any excess watermelon juice and then pour in the lemon dressing.
- Add mint leaves along with the jalapeño and feta cheese (if using) and mix well together.
- Serve chilled.