Happy Mothers Day!!!
Another family favorite that you may want to surprise your mom with. It is that easy! I know it looks like the ingredients are never ending but once you gather them all, it will take you no time to cook.
- 1.5lb boneless chicken breasts, cut into serving sized pieces
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot OR flour
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot/flour, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, turmeric powder and thyme leaves to make the seasoned flour.
- Sprinkle the chicken with 2 tbsps of the seasoned flour/arrowroot.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the seasoned chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet.
- Add the pepper and onion and cook stirring for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and remaining seasoned arrowroot/flour.
- Bring to a boil while stirring frequently.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, if you are using them.
- Return chicken to skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Serve hot.