Another summer favorite! Every bite is packed with flavors that transport you to another world. And of course, the kids love it!
- 4 (6 oz each) fillets of salmon (or any protein of your choice)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium size tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced fine (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry.
- Sprinkle both sides lightly with some salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin-side down in an ovenproof skillet or a baking sheet and bake until salmon is cooked through (approx 12-15 minutes).
- In the meantime, place the garlic, salt, pepper and basil in a grinder and make into a paste.
- Next add the tomatoes and slowly add the olive oil and blend some more.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl.
- Spoon some sauce over the salmon, sprinkle some cheese (if using) and serve.