Indian food always hits the spot. It doesn’t matter what the season is, mushrooms are great! But I feel like mushrooms don’t get their due credit. It is considered to be a superfood, promotes heart health and helps with weight management. (Source: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/278858.php)
- 1 cup fresh/frozen peas
- 500g/1lb mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Himalayan Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander, chopped for garnish
- Heat oil in a high sided pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the cumin seeds and fry until they stop spluttering.
- Add the garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Next add the onions and fry until softened.
- Now add the mushrooms and peas and the powdered spices.
- Add salt to taste and cook until the mushrooms begin to give off their juices, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with the chopped coriander.