Salmon, with its abundant health benefits, ends up being made at least once a week in our house.
So let’s talk a little about Basil. I was surprised to learn that it belongs to the mint family and now that I think about it, that makes sense. Basil or tulsi as it is known in India, has long been used for its Ayurvedic herbal benefits. Some of the proven health benefits of basil show that it is anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting, rich in antioxidants, diabetes preventer, liver protector, fever and pain reducer, an anti stress solution and an immune booster. You can read more about the health benefits of Basil at https://draxe.com/benefits-of-basil/
This is a no-fuss recipe. Happy to report, no complaints so far!!
- 4-6 oz pieces Salmon Fillets
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/3 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Lemon, juice
- Rinse salmon under cold water, pat dry with a paper towel, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper and mix well to combine. (Tip: Put all the ingredients in a jar, seal it and shake vigorously to combine)
- Place salmon in a container to marinate, pour marinade over salmon, and toss to ensure the salmon is fully coated in the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Preheat the grill/pan to medium-high heat.
- If grilling salmon, cook 4 minutes a side over medium-high heat else 3 minutes a side should be fine.
- Serve hot.