Indian spices have so many benefits from reducing inflammation to gut healing that I could go on and on. But let’s talk about garam masala, the hero of this dish.
Garam masala is an integral part of Indian cooking and adds that zing to Indian dishes. It’s a combination of spices that are ground to form a powder. Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper and bay leaves come together to transport your dishes to another level.
Taste aside, garam masala has many healing benefits. Some of the benefits are as follows:
- Fights diseases and builds immunity
- Effective pain killer
- Slows-down aging process
- Promotes weight loss
- Increases ability to absorb vitamins, minerals, and proteins
- Relieves gas, heart burn, and soothes upset stomach
- Lowers blood-sugar levels
- Reduces bloating and aids in detoxification
- Fights bad breath
You can read more about how to make your own garam masala at http://jeevalifestyle.com/9-healing-wonders-of-ayurvedic-garam-masala/
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture evenly over fillets.
- Place fillets in an oven safe glass bowl/baking sheet coated with cooking spray or oil.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.