The smell of warm baked goods makes everything better, in my opinion. And when it is sugar-free, it’s even better!
My son doesn’t like bananas so I have to find ways to sneak it in.. and there’s never any protest when it comes to banana bread.
Banana is an amazing fruit. It’s packed rich with health benefits from building strong bones, to combating depression, reducing swelling, protecting against type II diabetes, aids in weight loss, strengthens the nervous system, and helps with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6… and these are just some of the benefits. You can read more about the benefits here.
So go ahead and enjoy this delicious and healthy treat and don’t forget to tell me how you like it. Happy baking!
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Apple sauce (add more if you want to make it sweeter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour or almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Next stir in the Apple sauce, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. (Check at 50 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving.
- Slice and serve.
Tip: A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.