Talk about beautiful colors, this recipe is ridiculously easy too. Perfect as a side with anything, it is bursting with flavor and super quick to make!
But there’s more to the recipe than just being easy. Besides peppers, the other main ingredient is spinach, which as everyone knows is packed with nutrients. The health benefits of spinach include improved eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, the prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), cataracts, atherosclerosis, heart attacks, neurological benefits, bone mineralization, anti-ulcerative and anti-cancerous benefits, skin protection, healthy fetal development, and boosted growth for infants. You can find more information on the health benefits of spinach here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 med red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups of fresh spinach, rinsed (don’t dry it)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
- Add rinsed spinach to the skillet and sprinkle with salt.
- Increase heat to med-high and cook stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.