Dinner really does not need to be complicated. Don’t we all have more than enough to do already? I paired these lemon-garlic pork chops with the spinach and red pepper sauté that I recently posted and it was a hit with the family!!
Garlic has so many health benefits, I’m sure you too could think of a few yourself. The health benefits of garlic were realized centuries ago by mankind. It is very effective when eaten raw- either crushed or chopped. As little as one clove of garlic per day may bring a vast improvement in your overall health. 2 to 3 cloves could prevent an attack of the common cold. Some of the health benefits are as follows – boosts digestion, controls diabetes, lowers cholesterol levels, reduced hypertension, eye care, relieves ear aches, etc. You can find more info about its benefits here.
- 3 pork chops, boneless
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat skillet on med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté lightly.
- Next add the garlic, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add in the pork chops and sear one side for two minutes.
- Flip the pork chops, cover the skillet and put the whole thing in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- When done, allow the meat to sit, covered, for 5-10 minutes before serving.