You probably won’t believe me when I say this, but my kids polished the beans off their plates before I knew it!! Yes, it really hit the spot. I made my Spiced Roast Chicken and paired it with the beans and peppers. Perfect!!
Green beans get a bad rap – not in our house, given how much the kids seem to enjoy it! Beans may surprise you. The fiber content is very high, and it also provides some of your daily protein requirements. They also act as an easy source for acquiring vitamins like A, C, K, B6, and folic acid. In terms of minerals, green beans are a good source of calcium, silicon, iron, manganese, potassium, and copper. You can read more about the health benefits of green beans here.
- 12 oz green beans
- 8 oz sweet peppers, sliced
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- Bring about 4 cups of water to a boil.
- When boiling, add the green beans for about 2 minutes and remove and place in bowl of ice water immediately to chill.
- Place green beans in a bowl and add all other ingredients.
- Mix well and enjoy.