Amazingly simple – I promise! And it tastes so good too. This was a great Monday night dinner. You can serve it with some rice or wrap it in some tortillas with all the fixings for a taco dinner.
So we all know that cabbage is a great vegetable to eat specially when we are trying to shed a few pounds. But cabbage actually has a lot of other benefits too. It is good for the brain and is useful in the treatment of neural disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. The various other nutrients present in cabbage, such as vitamin-E, keep the skin, eyes, and hair healthy. The calcium, magnesium, and potassium found in cabbage are very useful for a wide range of health benefits. You can find out more about the health benefits of cabbage here.
- 1 lb ground beef (or any ground protein that you prefer)
- 1/2 cabbage head, chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 carrots, thinly sliced or grated
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet.
- Once hot, add the ground beef and all the spices, increasing or decreasing the amount as per your taste.
- When the beef is almost completely browned, add in the onions and carrots and cook until they soften.
- Next, add the cabbage and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with rice or as filling for a taco.