Bon appétit has this simple, delicious and fragrant recipe that takes no time at all to put together. I mean, seriously, this was so quick and easy to make and it turned out great! I’m not going to say more, but you have got to give this a try.
Bok Choy is a type of Chinese cabbage that doesn’t look like the typical cabbage. Instead, it has dark green leaves connected to white stalks. One cup has just 9 calories and barely a trace of fat, yet delivers protein, dietary fiber and almost all the essential vitamins and minerals. You can read more about the health benefits of Bok Choy here.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 lb baby bok choy, rinsed, cut into quarters with core intact
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-heat.
- Add garlic and shallot and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Next add bok choy, soy sauce, and 2 tbsp water and cover immediately.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Uncover and toss, then cover and cook until bok choy is tender at the core, about 3 more minutes.