Talk about easy and delicious! You really can’t mess it up even if you tried!
Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, chromium and folate. It is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium and copper. Sadly broccoli is notorious for being at the top of every kids least liked vegetable list. However, it is considered to be one of the worlds healthiest foods. You can read more about the health benefits of broccoli here.
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets removed and stem chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix florets and stem pieces with olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Roast in the preheated oven until broccoli is tender and lightly browned, about 18-20 minutes.