Such a fun, simple recipe. I paired it with some brown rice but you could easily make it grain free by serving it up in lettuce wraps.
Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium, fiber. Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals. You can read more about the health benefits of broccoli here.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 broccoli head chopped into florets along with its stems
- 1 tsp oil (sesame oil is ideal)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat for about 1 minute.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet and sauté lightly for 30 seconds.
- Next add the beef, breaking up the meat as you stir, until it is no longer pink and the onion is tender (approx 5-7 minutes).
- Add the chopped broccoli and mix well.
- Stir teriyaki sauce into the beef mixture.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, just until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve hot.