Baseball season is in full swing which means that I’m at the ballfield with the kids at least twice if not thrice a week. This doesn’t really give me a lot of time to cook a big meal. And this shrimp recipe was just perfect for one of those nights. It’s quick, it’s easy and oh-so delicious!!
Buying shrimp the right way is important. Almost all shrimp are frozen at the source and are allowed to thaw before being sold as “fresh”. Unless you are buying it directly from the source, there is no way of knowing how long they have been there before being thawed and put on display. So when possible you are probably better of buying frozen shrimp. To thaw frozen shrimp simply take them out of their bag and place them in a bowl under cold (not warm) running water. They thaw pretty fast. Just remember to dry them well before you start cooking.
The health benefits of shrimp include improved bone and brain health, weight management, and a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease. Shrimp has anti-inflammatory, cancer preventative, and anti-aging properties that help to reduce the risk of various health ailments. It helps in treating age-related macular degeneration and relieving eye fatigue. It also provides relief from menstrual pain. Shrimp is a high-benefit option for increasing your overall health in a truly delicious way. Click here to read more about the health benefits of shrimp.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt, as per taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, as per taste (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add shrimp, then season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter.
- When butter begins to foam add parsley.
- Cook until parsley is crispy and shrimp is pink with browned edges.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.