It’s summer!!! Fire up those grills. I’m sure like me, you find yourself wondering what else can you serve on the side? Here’s a great option. This salad is healthy, tangy and delicious and oh-so summery!
According to http://www.health.com, grapefruit can seem like an acquired taste. Their bulbous size; bitter pith (the white stuff that surrounds the fruit); and tart taste can be off-putting to those who are more accustomed to their sweeter citrus cousins, like the orange. But consider adding this superfood to your regular rotation of healthy foods. Considered to be one of the 20 Best Foods to Eat for Breakfast, you don’t actually have to limit your intake to the early morning hours. Grapefruit are supremely portable and make a great snack (with very few calories) that fills you up while also relieving thirst due to its high water content. You can read more about the health benefits of grapefruit here.
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- Using a large knife, carefully peel the grapefruit, making sure to remove all of the white pith.
- Working over a large bowl to catch any juice, cut along the side of each membrane to release the segments and let them drop into the bowl.
- Add the avocado, pomegranate seeds and onion, and toss well.
- Serve over some lettuce leaves or on its own.