Hello summer! Glad you finally made it! Although I must admit, these past few days have definitely felt like it. Now that summer has officially arrived, our door literally becomes a revolving door with visitors stopping by from near and far. What fun! But that means I need some quick and easy meals ready to go. This recipe is great for such times – you don’t have to prep in advance!! Best part is, you can grill or bake it! Serve it with some salad and garlic bread and we have a winner!
In my quest to learn more about the ingredients that I use to cook, the benefits of orange juice did surprise me. It is considered as one of the healthiest beverages because of its wide range of health benefits, which include its ability to boost immunity, reduce signs of aging, prevent cancer, boost cellular repair and metabolism, detoxify the body, improve circulation and blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and lower cholesterol levels. To learn more about the health benefits of orange juice, click here.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sherry/chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, your choice
- 1 tbsp dried herbs, your choice
- Garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a ziploc bag, place the chicken along with all the ingredients and turn to coat well.
- Place the chicken in an oven safe dish along with the marinade.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
If you are grilling:
- Place on a lightly oiled grill over medium hot coals and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, combine all remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce over top and serve.