Ok answer me honestly.. how often have you roasted a chicken and gotten stuck with leftovers? For me, it’s all the time. This recipe is a fabulous way to use up those leftover. I made one of my favorites.. Tandoori Chicken and of course we had some leftovers. So I tossed it with some onions and tomatoes and voila!! Here’s the recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1.5 cups, shredded chicken
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Punch of turmeric powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- In a large pan, heat the oil.
- Next add the onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Next add the salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder and give the mixture a good stir.
- Allow the onion-tomato mixture to cook till the oil separates a little, about five minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and a little water.
- Mix well and cover allowing the food to cook in its own steam for an additional few minutes.
- Serve hot with roti.
Should be great as a filling for a toasted sandwich too!