Aaloo beans is somewhat a staple in vegetarian meals in India and we ate it often growing up. It’s an easy recipe and a great way to get the kids to eat vegetables.
Like other vegetables, green beans are a good source of fiber, potassium, and folate, and are an excellent source of protein, iron, and zinc. They contain anti-oxidants similar to those found in green tea, also known as catechins, which can improve heart health and help prevent cancer and manage/prevent diabetes.
You can read more about the health benefits of green beans here.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Green chili pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 cup Green Beans chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Potato medium, cubed into small peices
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Turmeric (Haldi powder)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne or Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Mango powder (Amchur) (can be replaced with lemon juice)