You know those days when it’s raining and cold outside and you really want something that’s full of flavor? That was me this week. I’ve been wondering what I could do with this cauliflower that I picked up and this recipe turned out fantastic! And best part, it takes no time to put together.
According to Medical News Today, cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins.
It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
An article published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) places cauliflower 24th on a list of “powerhouse fruits and vegetables.” You can read more about the health benefits of cauliflower here.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3½ cups cauliflower cut into 1 to 1½” pieces
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce (Or more as per taste)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Black pepper (as per taste)
- Heat oil in large pan and saute cauliflower over medium, medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the water has dissolved.
- Next add turmeric powder, garlic, ginger, and chili garlic sauce.
- Stir everything together and cook for a minute or two until the garlic has softened.
- Taste and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for another 3 minutes till the cauliflower is softened.
- Serve hot or cold.