If you’re looking for a super easy salmon recipe, look no further. It literally takes no more than 15 minutes from beginning to end.
We have talked about the benefits of salmon before, but here’s a little information about it’s benefits. Salmon is not only tasty but has considerable health benefits; when baked, broiled, seared or grilled, salmon is among the most heart-healthy of dishes. It contains Omega 3 which our body cannot produce on its own. Omega 3 promotes healthy joints and skin, reduces the risk of heart disease and aids in neurological development in unborn children. Omega 3 improves heart muscle function and reduces the risks of deadly heart arrhythmia. Salmon is also known to benefit skin and hair by helping retain its moisture. You can read more about the health benefits of salmon here. (Source: Live Strong)
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix dried basil, garlic powder and salt.
- Rub the spice mixture evenly on the salmon fillets.
- In the meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add salmon to the pan and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.