Indian food without a good chutney feels incomplete. Actually this chutney goes with everything.. I even marinated a steak with it and it turned out so good… think chimichurri!
The main ingredient in this chutney is cilantro. Like many fruits and vegetables, cilantro is a good source of antioxidants. Using cilantro to flavor food can also help to cut down on sodium intake. Some studies suggest that increasing consumption of plant foods like cilantro may decrease the risk of obesity, overall mortality, diabetes and heart disease while promoting healthy skin and hair, increased energy, and overall lower weight. You can read more about the health benefits of cilantro here. (Source: Medical News Today)
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chili’s, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, as per taste
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust lemon juice as per taste.
- To make thicker, add more shredded coconut.