Sweet potato fries are an easy side dish that can be added to just about anything! That’s exactly what I did when we had some last minutes guests for dinner last week and they were met with great enthusiasm.
Sweet potatoes are sweet, starchy root vegetables that are grown worldwide. They come in a variety of sizes and colors — including orange, white, and purple — and are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. You can read more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes here.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1×3-inch wedges
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy clean up).
- Place sweet potatoes and oil in large bowl, toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and give it all a good mix.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd.
- Bake until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Cooking for 20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before serving.