- 1.5 lb Cod fillet pieces (4–6 pieces)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Lemon Juice Mixture
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper and set beside the lemon juice mixture.
- Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat (watch the oil to be sure it is sizzling but not smoking).
- Add fish and sear on each side to give it some color, but do not fully cook (about a couple minutes on each side).
- Remove from heat.
- To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix.
- Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Bake the fish in the preheated oven until it begins to flake easily with a fork (10 minutes should do it, but begin checking earlier).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.