It’s Cinco de Mayo tomorrow! And if you’re looking for a great guacamole recipe, look no further! This is my go to recipe!!
According to Organic Facts, the top health benefits of avocados are many given their that they contain good fats, fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytosterols. Consuming them regularly may help boost heart health, improve digestion, enhance liver health, and aid in weight management. Avocado also helps keep the eyes healthy due to its high lutein content and protects the skin from signs of aging.
- 3 avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.