As some of you must have seen, I baked this gorgeous chocolate chip banana bread for my sons Fine Arts Gala at his school. I kid you not, it was wiped out. Nothing left!! Made me rather happy I have to say.
Now, if you are looking for something healthy in this recipe, you may be disappointed. It does have a good amount of sugar and chocolate chips but you will not be disappointed.
So go ahead and indulge.. happy baking!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Line with parchment paper or grease a 9×5 inch glass loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir mashed bananas, milk and cinnamon together.
- In a third bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time to the butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir banana mixture into butter mixture.
- Next stir in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (if using) gently.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.